XD Design® is a fast-growing scale-up that was founded in 2016 under the wing of its mother company XD Connects. XD Design® focuses on designing, producing, and selling “Smart everyday travel wear for a better journey”. Its high-tech backpacks are sold worldwide via its own webshop and agent and retailer network. You likely have seen these amazing products on the back of young professionals in transit and people exploring the globe. Its products contain the latest anti-theft and smart features. XD Design®s products are designed and developed in-house, are made from sustainable materials, save water, and are patented. The head office of XD Design® is located in Rijswijk, the Netherlands with a design office in Shanghai and a worldwide presence via its retailer networks.
Retail Product Manager
XD Design® is growing fast and to continue its growth it needs to design high-quality products that delight its customers. The organization needs to be closer to its end consumers and in a structured way collect market and customer insights, convert these into concepts and designs and manage the production and delivery process to get products to market quickly.
The Retail Product Manager oversees systematically collecting customer needs and product ideas from (potential) customers, retails, and partners and conducts market research to identify trends and innovations. These research results need to be translated into briefings for our in-house design studio in Shanghai. Hereafter the product development process needs to be tightly managed to guarantee alignment, communication, and a speedy road to market. The person needs to be structured and data-driven and be focused on statistically relevant insights, rather than a few individual opinions. The Retail Product manager will closely work with customers, our retail sales teams and have a close connection with the design studio in Shanghai. It is likely that regular travel to Shanghai is required once travel opens up.
• Conduct thorough market research in the field of Smart Backpacks/travel wear
• Create a deeper knowledge of our target audience and their needs/likes
• Create clear product briefings towards our internal studio based on own research, feedback from our partners and our sales team
• Guard the timing and launch of a new product after briefing
• Involve and excite the different stakeholders in this process
• Based in Rijswijk, Netherlands
• Excellent command of English, Dutch is a pre
• Able and willing to travel to Shanghai 2-4 times a year
• Minimum of 3 years or relevant experience in retail product design and development
• Proven research and project management capabilities
• Analytical and structured
• Attention to detail
• Highly motivated to quickly learn and pick up new skills
• Team player
• Innovative and solution-focused
Resume and motivation letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a motivation letter will not be accepted.