XD Design is a fast-growing scale-up that was founded in 2016 under the wing of its mother company Xindao. XD Design focuses on designing, producing, and selling “Smart everyday travel wear for a better journey”. Its high-tech backpacks are sold worldwide via its own webshop and agent and retailer network. You likely have seen these amazing products on the back of young professionals in transit and people exploring the globe. Its products contain the latest anti-theft and smart features. XD Designs products are designed and developed in-house, are made from sustainable materials, save water, and are patented. The head office of XD Design is located in Rijswijk, the Netherlands with a design office in Shanghai and a worldwide presence via its retailer network.
Business Intelligence Manager
XD Design is growing fast and to boost its growth it needs to improve the way it collects, stores, and analyses data to distill actionable insights for decision making. The company operates several digital and offline platforms that generate data ranging from sales and cost data to customer and marketing data.
The Business Intelligence Manager will support in determining the insights (and underlying data) needs of the business, set up the data storage, analysis, and reporting infrastructure, and lead ad-hoc and in-depth analysis. The person will work closely with management and the finance, e-commerce, and agent/retailer departments.
• Determine the insights required to grow and manage the business (including dashboard and reporting requirements)
• Determine the data required to distill these insights
• Setup and improve the way data is generated or collected – from internal and external data sources, including easy to use or automated tooling
• Setup the data storage, analysis, and reporting infrastructure (cloud-based data warehouse, APIs, python scripts, BI tool for dashboards, etc.)
• Ensure scalability and cost-efficiency of the architecture
• Deliver presentable management reports to assist decision making throughout the organization
• Lead advanced analysis, ranging from customer targeting to pricing strategies
• Based in Rijswijk, Netherlands
• Excellent command of English
• Minimum of 3 years or relevant business intelligence experience in e-commerce (digital retail)
• Proven track record in setting up and managing cloud-based BI platforms
• Proven track record in big-data analysis and insight creation
• Experience with Python, Jenkins, Qlik/Power BI/Tableau, Alteryx
• Analytical and structured
• Attention to detail
• Highly motivated to quickly learn and pick up new skills
• Team player
• Innovative and solution-focused
Resume and motivation letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a motivation letter will not be accepted.